Peachjar: What's After Class?
Revised Thursday, May 10, 2018
In February 2018, Berkeley County School District transitioned to a new electronic flyer distribution program called Peachjar. Flyers from community organizations will be distributed through email and posted on school websites. This is part of our ongoing effort to be more environmentally-friendly by reducing the amount of paper copies.
Our district partners with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. It's part of our effort to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility. To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to as appropriate and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
1- Visit http://www.peachjar.com
2- Register as an Community Organization
3- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval by the Office of Communications and Community Engagement. Please allow up to 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for distribution. Your flyer will be reviewed and either approved or denied based on the standards set forth by the district. After your flyer has been submitted, it will be routed automatically to the BCSD central office for approval, then emailed as an image to parents with an email address on file. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. For questions regarding the fee charged to community organizations, please contact Jenna Davis, District Account Manager for Peachjar, at (858) 997-2117, ext. 107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAPER COPIES OF FLYERS
Outside community organizations will be able to make available a small stack of paper flyers, but the flyer will still need to FIRST be uploaded and approved with Peachjar before doing so. Once the flyer is uploaded to Peachjar and it appears on school websites this will act as approval. The community organization can then give the flyers to the school office, where they will be made available at or near the front counter. No paper copies will be given to teachers or staff to distribute to students to take home.
BCSD Flyer Policies -- Outside Organizations
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be non-commercial (some exceptions can be made for school/district partners).
- Only utilize images appropriate for elementary age students.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity, and include accurate date.
- Be submitted in both English and Spanish.
- Flyers can have multiple pages in one PDF document
- The following disclaimer must appear on the flyer: "This program or event is not sponsored by Berkeley County School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement."
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the District for review and approval.
Digital Media Specialist, Berkeley County School district
Public Information Officer, Berkeley County School District
District Account Manager, Peachjar
Phone: (858) 997-2117, ext. 107