BCSD offers opportunity to teach your trade
Published Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Have you ever considered teaching your trade? The Career and Technology Education (CATE) Work Based Certification Program makes it possible.
CATE offers those with job experience in career and technology areas a chance to teach grades 9-12 in South Carolina public schools.
Qualification information from the South Carolina Department of Education
Candidates will have a maximum of five (5) certification years (July 1 - June 30) to complete all work-based certification program requirements and earn a Professional work-based teaching certificate.
All candidates, in-state and out-of-state, must apply for and meet all requirements for admission into the CATE work-based certification program that are in effect on the date of receipt of all required documentation. Out-of-state career and technology, vocational, trades and industry or similar types of teaching certificates are not transferable through reciprocity to South Carolina. To become eligible, all applicants must:
• Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application,
• Earned the minimum of a high school diploma or state high school equivalency certificate/General Educational Development (GED),
• Submit a complete work-based certification application,
• Meet the minimum education and work experience requirement for the requested area of certification, and
• Submit fingerprints and receive and “All Clear” on a criminal records check by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
We’re looking for nurses, paramedics, athletic trainers, engineers, machinists, electricians, computer scientists and more.
If you are interested in exploring opportunities with Berkeley County School District, call 843-899-8670.