Report to the Community: Academies of BCSD
Published Monday, September 17, 2018
In August, Berkeley County School District Superintendent Dr. Eddie Ingram presented the annual Report to the Community. Among talking points in the presentation was the topic of Career and Technical Education Pathways at BCSD schools.
Below is what's found in the Academies of BCSD (CTE) section of the report, which highlights the 2017-18 school year.
Academies of Berkeley County prepare students for college and careers, where relationships are fostered among students, teachers, parents, community and business partners. Students are engaged in relevant, authentic, problem-based learning, career exploration, and workplace experiences that develop world class knowledge, skills and characteristics to compete in the 21st Century.
- Mechatronics partnership w/ Nucor at Philip Simmons High
- Approval for first in state Dental Assistant program at Berkeley High
- Partnership with Volvo for intermediate manufacturing courses
- Installed 9-arm system at Goose Creek High mechatronics lab as first manufacturing arm in a school in the United States.
- Implementation of inaugural CTE ambassadors
- 3 student winners at national SkillsUSA Conference
2017-18 Report to the Community Quick Links
- A message from Dr. Ingram
- Complete downloadable/printable report
- Report to the Community presentation
- Event photos
- Statement on crisis communication
- Fiscal accountability