Report to the Community: Technology
Published Monday, August 13, 2018
On Thursday, August 9, Berkeley County School District Superintendent Dr. Eddie Ingram presented the annual Report to the Community. Among talking points in the presentation was the topic of technology in BCSD schools.
Below is what's found in the technology section of the report, which highlights the 2017-18 school year.
Berkeley County School District’s Office of Technology (OOT) administers a large and diverse network computing environment.
Technology is responsible for over 16,000 computers, over 33,000 mobile devices, approximately 300 network file servers and approximately 2,100 smart classrooms spread among school campuses and multiple district office locations. Additionally, the Office of Technology provides mission-critical IT service.
Some of the 2017-18 Highlights
- Rolling Study Hall expansion
- Created a LendNet application for all devices to be checked out for accountability
1:1- total of 33,000 deployed grades 3 – 12 and all teachers
- Common Sense Media District Certification (only district in state)
- Infosnap – used for new student registration and student information updates
- Launched PowerTeacher Pro Pilot
- Augmented/Virtual Reality grant/launch (MMS)
- Birdbrain Technology Robotics in the Classroom- Finch Robots (only district in the state to receive grant)
- Onsite Technology Integration for 21st Century Learning Professional Development
- Organized and hosted TE@CH Professional Learning Conference
- Partnered with SCPSTA to host SCTeach Twitter Chat and Palmetto EdCamp
- Showcased tech tools and how tech is integrated with classroom instruction at school and local events
- Partnered with Berkeley Reading Council to provide technology integration professional learning sessions
- Presented at the local, state, and national levels to share best practices for technology integration
2017-18 Report to the Community Quick Links
- A message from Dr. Ingram
- Complete downloadable/printable report
- Report to the Community presentation
- Event photos
- Statement on crisis communication
- Fiscal accountability