Get highlights and information from the February 13, 2018 Board of Education meeting
E-UPDATE FOR February 13, 2018
This edition of In the Loop, published and distributed by the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, provides a highlighted summary of actions taken by the Berkeley County Board of Education at its regular meeting held on Tuesday, February 13, 2018. Complete Board meetings are recorded and archived on the BCSD Vimeo page and the BCSD YouTube channel. Photographs from the board meetings are available for viewing and download HERE.
Click HERE to view Board Docs. After selecting the meeting date, you can view the agenda for the meeting, the items for information, and items for action. Board Docs is updated in real-time during the regular meetings.
- The Head Start Budget Expenditures Reports for November 2017 and December 2017, Head Start Credit Card Reports for November 2017 and December 2017, Prospective New Hires for November 2017, 2018-2019 Refunding Application, 2018-2019 Recruitment Plan, 2018-2019 Selection Criteria, and the Community Assessment Update
- Childhood Development Education Program Curriculum Adoption, First Reading
- Heritage Keepers Abstinence Education 1 and 2 Curricula, First Reading
- Berkeley County School District 2018 Summer Programs
- Local Board Course Approval: Dental Assistant I
- Local Board Approved Course: Intermediate Manufacturing
- RFQ 529-(17-18) Indefinite Delivery Contract for Metal Canopy Contractors
- FPB 530-(17-18) Athletic Field & Lawn Maintenance Supplies
ITEMS FOR INFORMATION
- Financial Update
- Semiannual Procurement Reports
Superintendent Dr. Eddie Ingram commented on a variety of topics concerning Berkeley County Schools and its students, faculty, staff and the communities served by the system. These remarks included:
- BCSD Conference 2018 –This Friday, the BCSD Conference will be held in the Cane Bay schools, and we are looking forward to a great day of professional development for our staff. Central Services has worked in collaboration with Teacher Forum, providing over 400 sessions to share with employees during the conference. Ingram will be providing the keynote session three separate times during the day.
- Conference T-shirt Design Winner- Ingram congratulated Jessica Armenta, a Goose Creek High junior design student, for submitting the winner design for the conference t-shirt. Teach Forum is excited to be able to display student talent.
- Teacher Forum Representatives- Ingram recognized and thanked the following members of Teacher Forum for their attendance at the Board meeting: Kim Dunbar, Berkeley Middle School, and Jennifer Rogers, Nexton Elementary School.