SIX BCSD TEAMS TO OPEN THEIR SEASON AT LIONS CLUB PRESEASON JAMBOREE
Published September 15, 2020
The Moncks Corner Lions Club, along with Berkeley High School (BHS) leadership, will host Berkeley County’s preseason football jamboree on Friday, September 18 beginning at 6:00 p.m. Eight teams will showcase their talent in two quarters each, including Berkeley County teams from Berkeley, Cane Bay, Goose Creek, Hanahan, Philip Simmons and Stratford High Schools. Teams from Andrews High and Colleton County High will join them.
Moncks Corner Lions Club Jamboree Chairman Lane Wofford is looking forward to the family friendly event that offers support to the community.
“We recognize that our communities, including our student-athletes, have faced and continue to face a lot of uncertainty,” said Wofford. “We wanted to provide this opportunity for our athletes and our communities who rely on our fundraising efforts to meet local needs when so many have experienced financial hardships. We are confident that our athletes and fans will follow safety protocols in support of this event.”
Attendees are expected to adhere to health and safety guidelines and review the following before Friday’s event:
- Capacity will be limited to 2,000 attendees inside the stadium at one time.
- Attendees are expected to wear face-coverings while inside the stadium. The covering may be removed when eating.
- Children 5 years of age and younger will not require a ticket.
- Measured seating and designated standing areas will be marked and available to ticketed individuals. Pre-marked seating and designated standing areas will be six feet apart.
- No more than four ticketed individuals should sit/stand in the designated areas.
- Attendees will be expected to remain in their designated seating or standing area, unless moving to the concession stand or restroom.
- Attendees WILL NOT be permitted on the field before, during or after the games.
- Sanitation stations will be available for attendee use.
- All attendees are asked to move directly to their vehicles following the conclusion of the event.
- Re-entry will be prohibited.
Gates will open at 5 p.m., with competition beginning at 6 p.m. Fans of schools listed first can plan to support their teams in the visitor stands at Berkeley’s Bonner Stadium. Tickets for the event are $7, and only South Carolina High School League passes will be accepted in place of tickets. There will be no presale.
3rd Annual Moncks Corner Lions Club Jamboree schedule
- Cane Bay vs. Philip Simmons
- Goose Creek vs. Colleton County
---Cheerleader Toss, Presented by CT Lowndes & Company---
- Stratford vs. Hanahan
- Andrews vs. Berkeley
BCSD’s Clear Bag/No Bag entry procedure will be in place for the event. Attendees can find more information about BCSD’s Clear Bag/No Bag entry procedure here: https://www.bcsdschools.net/clearbag.
The Moncks Corner Lions Club, a part of Lions Club International, is a true champion for their community, completing over 4500 vision screens for BCSD students last school year and 6200 the previous year. The Club also helps support worthy local organizations such as the Callen-Lacey Center for Children, an emergency children’s shelter. Service is natural for the Lion’s Club members but they say this event would not be possible without the in-kind support they have received from sponsors and local law enforcement.