Nursing Services Reminders
It is our priority to keep students and staff safe during this time of uncertainty. To better prepare you and your child, please review this information concerning the health room and health services at school.
- Please screen your child for COVID-19 symptoms each day PRIOR to sending them to school. If your child is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, do not send them to school. Please notify the school nurse and contact your health care provider.
- If your child tests positive after having been at school, please notify the school nurse immediately.
- Do not medicate and send your child to school if they are experiencing a fever. Keep them home and contact your healthcare provider for guidance. Give daily medications at home if possible. Do not bring over the counter medications to keep at school (Tylenol or Ibuprofen) unless it is necessary. For the protection of others, we want to limit potential exposure by health room visits.
- Nebulizers at school are discouraged due to aerosol generating nature of the treatment. Parents please discuss with your healthcare provider about switching to an inhaler if appropriate.
- Please discuss the importance of hand washing, covering cough/sneezes, and social distancing. Explain why social distancing is still so important to help slow down the spread of the virus. We encouraged parents to send a mask labeled with their child’s name. If you are unable to purchase a mask, contact the school nurse.
- If your child is displaying COVID-19 symptoms, he/she will need to wait in a protective isolation area until picked up (within the hour). We will provide a mask if they do not have one. Please make sure you have a current phone number on file and secondary emergency contact to pick up your child. Sick children cannot ride the bus due to possible exposure to others.
Working together, we can decrease the spread of this virus. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your school nurse if you have any questions or concerns. Our goal is to keep your child safe and healthy.