2019-2020 Annual Report to Parents
At Mount Holly Elementary School we believe that we can be leaders that succeed now and in the future.
Dr. Creighton Eddings, Principal
Dr. Rhonda Hill, Assistant Principal
Teachers of the Year
Teacher of the Year: Mr. Jimmy Freeman
Rookie Teacher of the Year: Ms. Emily Ritchey
225 Garwood Drive Goose Creek, SC 29445
Phone: (843) 820-4090; Fax: (843) 820-5433
About being a Leader in Me Lighthouse School
Mount Holly Elementary School is a Leader in Me Lighthouse School. The LIM model fosters a sense of intrinsic motivation within each student to succeed academically and to demonstrate positive character. Students assume key leadership roles within the school. The Student Lighthouse Team meets to discuss ideas for improving the school and ways to
support the community. The eight habits learned through the LIM model directly align with the knowledge, skills, and characteristics outlined in the profile of the South Carolina graduate. Through integrated instruction of the habits, our students experience academic success in school and transfer the habits into their lives outside of school. Students utilize Leadership Notebooks to track academic and personal goals, data, and celebrations. Students voice and choice is promoted and valued at MHE.
This school year, MHE achieved Lighthouse Recertification. Lighthouse status is recognized in 2 year increments.
MHE Falcons—We Lead. What’s Your Superpower?
Family and Community Outreach
- Leadership Day — students have an opportunity to showcase their skills and talents during our annual MHE Leadership Day
- Canned Food Collections — MHE leaders donated several hundred cans of food to the Goose Creek United Methodist Food Pantry and to local apartment fire victims
- Grits with Grandparents — Grandparents joined their grandchildren for breakfast to celebrate Grandparents Day.
- Academic Family Nights — A fall and spring family night helped families learn more about how to help their children at home.
- Low Country Food Bank Fresh for All — A fall and spring fresh for all served over 500 families providing fresh fruit/vegetables for members of our community.
- Veterans Day Program — Students honored all service members with a special program.
- Title I Planning/School Improvement Council Team — Parents, teachers, and staff members meet to review school plans and activities
- K4—5th grades
- Approximately 560 students
- Title I School
- 1:1 devices for students in grades 1-5
- Leader In Me Lighthouse School
- Communities in Schools Support Site
- Flightdeck—Before and After School Care
- Common Sense Digital Media Certified
Charleston Leaders Annual Breakfast
Several student leaders from Mount Holly were invited to greet guests as they arrived to the Charleston Leaders quarterly breakfast series. Molly Spearman, our South Carolina State Superintendent, was the keynote speaker. Ms. Spearman introduced all of our
student leaders to the room. She was very impressed with their leadership skills and spoke very highly of all of them! We are very proud of all of our student leaders!
- Backpack Buddies
- All County Chorus
- Performance Ensemble
- Field Days
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Lunch Buddies
- Red Ribbon Week
- Community PTO Family Nights
- Academic Field Trips
- Read Across America Week
- School wide Science Fair
- Academic Family Nights
- School Market
- 100th Day of School Celebrations
- Classroom, grade-level, and school wide WIGs (Wildly Important Goals)
- Leader of the Month Celebrations
- Multiple Reading Intervention Programs
- Lunch Buddy Mentoring Program
- Quarterly Award Celebrations
We welcomed over 225 parents, community members, and educators to our Annual Leadership Day!
All County Chorus - Trista Douglas, Ashlyn Ferri, KateLynn Leach, Hannah Michaelson, Ellie Powell, Olivia Rutledge, Hallie Verble and Kendra White
Annual Science Fair project winning classes
1st Place: Ms. Funderburk’s & Mrs. White’s
2nd Place: Mrs. Whitton’s & Mrs. Gethers’
3rd Place: Mrs. Kraack’s & Mrs. Lawrence’s
Honorable Mention: Ms. Caulder’s & Mrs. Mason’s
Student Artwork Showcased at the Coastal Carolina Fair - Lena Marino, La’Quan Frazier, Alyssa Washington, Reyes Encinias, Elizabeth Powell, Odin Morales, Lucy Collins, Aleigha Sugama, Ty’sean Elmore and Jazlyn Salazar
Doodle for Google Participant - Scarlett Wellman
Berkeley County Boardroom Art Show - Montero Royal