Building & Signage
- Replace tables in classrooms with individual student desk if practical. Students will be assigned the same desk daily. Clear dividers will be provided for classrooms with tables.
- Students will sit 6-ft. apart if practical.
- To the extent possible, all student desks’ will face one direction.
- Large gatherings will not be allowed. Students and staff will be encouraged to keep at least a 6 feet distance (stickers will be purchased and used throughout the building and classrooms)
- Hallway use will be limited to the extent possible.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to wear face coverings. Disposable face covering will be available for students and staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are at all entrance/exits and throughout the school.
Limited student movement
- Meals will be in the in classrooms (breakfast for all students and lunch for all students).
- Teachers will use the bathrooms within their classrooms; rooms without bathrooms will follow a designated schedule for the hallway bathrooms.
- Teachers will monitor their classes to ensure they are practicing “social distancing”.
- Hallways will be marked with stickers that designate the appropriate “social distancing” space. Plans will be implemented for arrival and dismissal that incorporate social distancing.
- Compile a list of medically fragile students and develop individual plans as needed.
- Recess will be scheduled for all classes limiting the number of classes to a designated area to one class per area.
- Teachers will closely monitor students and to the extent possible encourage students to social distance during outside activities. Non-porous equipment’s such as sports balls or items that can be easily cleaned will be allowed during recess.
- Playground equipment will be off limits until further notice.