Saturday, June 12, 2021 - 12 p.m. - North Charleston Coliseum
UPDATE! No tickets will be needed for graduation. The North Charleston Coliseum is operating at full capacity for graduations per information released by Berkeley County School District. Additional information regarding parking and any social distancing or mask requirements will be released as it becomes available.
Mandatory Graduation practices will be in a tiered form. Students will line up in the courtyard, check-in, receive their line-card, t-shirt, and tickets and report to their designated spot.
The dates are as follows:
June 8th: Practice for Top 25 Graduates, Speakers, Seniors with Last Names A-H - 4:30-5:30
June 9th: Practice for Seniors with Last Names I-R - 4:30-5:30
June 10th: Practice for Seniors with Last Names S-Z - 4:30-5:30
- Students will line up in the courtyard (4:15-4:30)
- Check-in at tables outside/hallway - TBD
- Have temps checked
- Receive their line-card, t-shirt, and masks if ordered.
- Students will report to their designated B-Hall classroom and meet their two Line Leaders.
- Practice will begin promptly between 4:50-5:00.
Senior Night on June 3rd
Senior Night on June 3 will be livestreamed and include the Senior Slideshow and Senior Awards. We're asking for parents/students to submit four pictures, with the student’s name on the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All pictures must be turned in by May 21st. The production of the video will begin and after that date no pictures will be accepted. Random group shots of students at games, the Prom on the 14th, etc are welcomed and will be included. This is your night. Let’s make it special.
Senior dues must be paid by May 10th if you are planning to attend Prom on May 14. The dues are $95 and cover your yearbook ($75), senior needs from guidance, diplomas, etc. Please see Ms. McCarthy in the library any day to pay by cash, check or money order.
Customized masks in Berkeley Blue with the Stag and 2021 can be ordered here: https://www.teambadboygraphix.com/e-commerce/berkeley-senior-masks
Please take a moment to complete the Senior Survey. COMPLETE SURVEY
Senior Remind Account
If you still have not signed up for your Senior Remind Account, do so now! We will send out updates regularly through Remind and will communicate through Remind on Graduation Day to alert you of accidents, changes in procedures for lining up, running late, etc.
April 2, 2021
In a few short weeks, if your son/daughter has met the requirements for graduation, they will be receiving their diploma. Graduation is scheduled for Saturday, June 12, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. at the North Charleston Coliseum. We are awaiting information from the District and the Coliseum regarding seating and parking arrangements. I will send out a notice as soon as information is available. Please read the information below to answer other frequently asked questions.
No senior will participate in Prom or graduation exercises until ALL fees owed to Berkeley High School are paid. Senior Dues are currently $95 – cash, check or money order. Reminder: They may be paid daily in the library by Friday, April 2, 2021, which has been previously published.
Prom will be held Friday, May 14 at the Omar Shrine Auditorium in Mt. Pleasant from 7:00-11:00pm. Please email or see Ms. Birkhimer for all Prom related information, questions and concerns.
Please contact our graduation and Senior sponsor, Donna Hogg at email@example.com or 843-899-8800 ext 1411 with any questions or concerns.
Senior Awards Night will be virtual and available for viewing on June 3 at 6:00. More information will follow.
Graduation Practices are tiered to maximize safety. In order to participate in graduation exercises, the graduate must be present at practice. This is mandatory! Students will line up in the courtyard, check in, receive their line card, and report to their designated spot.
June 8th Practice Top 25 Graduates, Speakers, Last Names A-H - 4:30-5:30
June 9th Graduates Last Names I-R - 4:30-5:30
June 10th Graduates Last Names S-Z - 4:30-5:30
Attire for Graduation
1.Appropriate dress under the gown is mandatory. Women must wear a white or black dress, skirt, or dress pants (no long dresses) and white or black shoes – no flip flops, slides, etc. Men must wear dark dress slacks (no denim), dress shoes, dark socks, a dress shirt, and a tie or bowtie.
2.Seniors, remember there will be no decorating or altering of graduation attire or caps.
Seniors not appropriately dressed will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Diploma covers will be distributed during the ceremony itself. Diplomas will be distributed to seniors immediately following their exit from the stage. If you haven't ordered graduation supplies yet, please order online at www.hjcarolina.com (this will have all the information and prices). If you have any other specific questions about orders or balances, please call Herff-Jones at 1-910-399-2740 - they have all the answers
3.No balloons, horns, banners, food, drinks, backpacks, or gifts will be allowed in the Coliseum. Graduation is a serious, formal occasion. Graduates’ personal belongings should be left with family members. There is no place to store purses, cell phones, etc. backstage. Behavior and attitude should rise to fit the occasion. Parents and guests should remain seated and refrain from shouting, catcalls, and any other disorderly conduct. All graduates want family and friends to hear their names when called.
Please help us make this a great day in the life of your son/daughter. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support.
2021 BCSD Graduation Health & Safety Info
As safety and security remains the district’s number one priority, participants and attendees are expected to adhere to the following health and safety protocols at each venue*:
- Clear bag/no bag entry procedures will be in place at each venue.
- The North Charleston Coliseum has lifted all capacity restrictions so graduations held at the coliseum will no longer be required to use guest tickets. Graduations held on BCSD sites will adhere to the 6 tickets per graduate limitation.
- If graduating at a BCSD site, children 3 years of age and younger will not require a ticket; however, seating will be designated to accompany ticketed individuals only.
- If graduating at a BCSD site, children 3 years of age and younger will need to be held or placed on the lap of a ticketed individual during the ceremony.
- Sanitation stations will be available at each venue for attendee use.
- Attendees will be expected to remain in their designated seating area until the conclusion of the graduation ceremony. Attendees WILL NOT be permitted on the floor area designated for graduates before, during or after the graduation ceremony.
- At the conclusion of the graduation ceremony, attendees will be dismissed by section in an effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All attendees are asked to move directly to their vehicles and exit the venues.
- Graduates will be dismissed by school administration at their staging location following the graduation ceremony.
- Re-entry to the venue will be prohibited following the conclusion of the ceremony.
- The graduation ceremonies will be live streamed on the BCSD YouTube channel.
*The North Charleston Coliseum is not a district property. All attendees will be expected to adhere to safety protocols as outlined by the North Charleston Coliseum and the City of North Charleston. Health and safety protocols are subject to change at the discretion of the North Charleston Coliseum and the City.