The Breakfast Club at The Blake
Mrs. Jeffcoat - Sponsor
Meetings are the last Tuesday of each month at 8:15 am in the guidance office
Club for students who want to give back by volunteering their time every other Saturday at The Blake assisted living facility. It is located very close to CBHS at 4015 2nd Avenue, Summerville.
Cane Bay High School students and staff who would like to bring comfort to the residents of the Blake Assisted Living facility every other Saturday.
We all enjoy companionship when we eat; everything tastes better with a friend! Sharing a meal together is a way to bond and build relationships. Often these patients do not have visitors so your presence makes a huge difference in their day. During our visits, we will eat breakfast with the residents.
Benefits for Our Students:
- Learn valuable lessons from our senior population who have years of real world experiences to share
- Develop social and emotional competencies such as empathy, patience, and problem solving.
- Learn to value life (and the relationships you build) more as you see the aging process first hand.
- Earn service hours for volunteering
- Looks great on college applications!
- The Blake will write you a letter of recommendation upon request after you have established a routine volunteering schedule of 15 hours or more
- You must be a student at Cane Bay High School in good standing
- Proper attire is required when entering the facility – use the school dress code as a guide
- Breakfast will be $3 each Saturday paid directly to the Blake
- You must provide your own transportation