Marrington Middle School of the Arts
Annual Report to the Community
Dara Harrop, Principal
Michael Bonazzi, Asst. Principal
Teachers of the Year
2020 Teacher of the Year: Ms. Michele Bahm
2020 Rookie Teacher of the Year: Ms. Cora Florence
109 Gearing Street
Goose Creek, SC 29445
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 420
- Certified Staff: 29
- Support Staff: 14
- Palmetto Gold Achievement Award
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Palmetto’s Finest School
- South Carolina Schools to Watch Finalist
- QUEST First Place Level 1
- Storm the Citadel Trebuchet Video Competition Winner
Fine Arts Mission
We are creating world-class innovators through the teaching of rigorous arts standards by...
- using the arts as a unifying theme to drive instruction.
- promoting an environment to develop creative instructional techniques.
- providing co-curricular experiences with outside stakeholders to foster global perspectives in our students.
Each student will participate in one of the following arts majors:
Band, Chorus, Dance, Orchestra, Theatre, or Visual Arts
Who Can attend MMSAO?
Students who are rising sixth graders from Howe Hall AIMS or Marrington Elementary (Students will receive registration packets at school.)
Students who are screened and identified as artistically talented and gifted as part of BCSD’s STEP program (STEP students will receive registration packets in the mail.)
Each year students perform a school musical that encompasses all of our fine arts majors. Students have the opportunity and are encouraged to audition and participate in a variety of ways.
- 2019: Grease, Jr.
- 2018: Xanadu, Jr.
- 2017: Annie, Jr.
- 2016: Shrek, Jr.
Students Proudly Participate
- All-County, Regional & State Competitions for Band, Chorus & Orchestra
- Black History Quiz Bowl
- Creative Writing Club
- Dance Team Competitions
- Duke Tip Program
- Engaging Creative Minds (ECM)
- Gardening Club
- JS2S Program, Nationally Recognized
- Kindness Coalition
- Lunch & Learn
- Mock Trial
- NAACP Black History Essay Contest
- National Junior BETA Club
- PSAT & Junior Scholars
- President's Education Awards Program
- QUEST Academic Competition
- Running Club
- School News Crew
- Star Wars Club
- Spelling Bee (District and Tri-County)
- Trebuchet Club
Our PTSO actively supports many school-wide functions throughout the year for our students, teachers, and staff. Please consider joining by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Michelle Chapman
- Heather Stefan
- Alicia Williams
2019-2020 School Improvement Council (SIC)
The School Improvement Council plays a key role in the education of students. The council works collectively with community stakeholders to improve the school and reach established goals.
- Lori Albertson, Teacher
- Mary Ezzell, Parent
- Valerie Furman, Parent
- Brandy Kowalik, Parent
- Melissa Reinheimer, Teacher
- Dara Harrop, Principal
- Linda Milligan, SIC Chair
- Harris Borden
- Christopher Gerry
- Cynthia Kirkland