Welcome to the Philip Simmons HS Library
Home of the IRON HORSES!
The mission of the Philip Simmons High School Media Center is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas, information, and technology while providing a fully integrated media program into the curriculum and that has a positive impact on student achievement.
Goals and Objectives:
- To provide materials and services appropriate to the curriculum of the school.
- To provide materials and services which meet the information and recreational needs of the learning community.
- To provide opportunities for collaboration between the library media specialist and classroom teachers to incorporate information literacy into instruction.
- To provide age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate resources in all formats to meet the information needs of all users.
- To promote information literacy
- To implement the integration of the library media program into the curriculum through collaboration among all members of the school community-teachers, students, parents, and administrators.
Philip Simmons Core Values:
Safe and Caring Environment
Dr. Connie McClanahan - Director
Shana Walker - Assitant
Hours for the 2018-2019 School Year
8:10 to 4:10 daily
Students will be allowed to check out 5 books out at a time
We over 8,000 books in our collection with over 2,000 ebooks!
Click on the Berkeley County Library System logo to access the amazing resources they provide to all Berkeley County Residents!