Welcome to the Office of Safety and Security:The safety and security of our students and staff is - and will continue to be - our highest priority.Each year BCSD plans and executes several large-scale crisis simulations. Those events are made possible by partnerships with local and national law enforcement. The goal -- to give teachers and administrators hands-on training in the area of Safety and Security.
2018-19 Department Highlights
• BCSD hosted a large-scale, multi-agency active shooter exercise; the largest of its kind in over a decade.
• The district’s first-ever, full-scale parent/student reunification drill was held. The Office of Safety and Security was expanded with the addition of an investigator and training officer.
• Security improvements were implemented at Fishburne Educational Center.
• Through grant funding, BCSD law enforcement radio coverage was improved and expanded.
• Emergency/crisis response tabletop exercises were conducted with Berkeley County Emergency Preparedness and other government agencies.
• BCSD again planned and hosted an active shooter/gunfire demonstration for administrators and teachers with the help of local law enforcement agencies.
"Safety and security will always be our top priority at Berkeley County School District."
If you notice heavy law enforcement presence at Stratford High tomorrow (Wednesday, July 17), you shouldn’t be alarmed.
Teachers packed Berkeley County School District classrooms Friday for a training other school districts in South Carolina and elsewhere in the country are looking to soon adopt.
If you stand on the corner of Daniel Island Drive and Purcell Lane, the level of appreciation is visible in the form of morning greetings, smiles, fist bumps, high fives and showings of gratitude.
Funded by grant money provided to every school district in South Carolina, Berkeley Elementary held a Stop the Bleed training on Wednesday designed to better prepare teachers and administrators for an incident during which bleeding presents a serious threat to life.
• The Office of Safety and Security hopes to increase engagement with student leadership teams.
• With the addition of a safety/security trainer to the team, the office will provide more training opportunities to all BCSD employees.
• The Office of Safety and Security is working to plan more events, activities and trainings to engage parents and community members.
• As BCSD is currently in the spotlight for state and national school security efforts, the team is working to maintain that status while constantly improving its efforts to keep schools safe.