Annual Report to Parents (2020-2021)
Sangaree Elementary at a Glance
Sangaree Elementary (SRE) is accredited by AdvancED. AdvancEd is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of PreK-12 schools and school systems to ensure that all learners realize their full potential.
Awards and Recognitions
The MUSC Boeing Center for Children’s Wellness Achievement Award (District)
- 2016-2017 – Grand Prize Winner in BCSD
- 2017-2018 – Runners-up in BCSD
- 2018-2019 – Runners-up in BCSD
- 2020-2021 – Runners-up in BCSD
National Healthy Schools Bronze Award (National)
USDA Healthier US School Gold Level Award (National)
Spring 2021 Benchmark Data
- Not Meeting Expectations: 25%
- Approaching Expectations: 22%
- Meeting Expectations: 27%
- Exceeding Expectations: 25%
- Not Meeting Expectations: 43%
- Approaching Expectations: 7%
- Meeting Expectations: 11%
- Exceeding Expectations: 33%
- Not Meeting Expectations: 46%
- Approaching Expectations: 9%
- Meeting Expectations: 14%
- Exceeding Expectations: 31%
Create a future we dare to imagine and make a positive difference.
We facilitate and support student-driven learning experience by unleashing the power and potential of education.
Work and Life Skills
The ability to respond effectively based on circumstances, environments, or demands to solve prob-lems.
Gathering information, analyzing, and making decisions to perform the task at hand.
Initiative Recognizing a need, seeking a solution, and taking action to fulfill it.
Ability to receive and provide thoughts and ideas in an effective, efficient, and purposeful exchange.
Demonstrate self-discipline through strong character. Empower others towards solutions that have purposeful impact.
Persist through independent and collaborative experiences, learning from them, and move for-ward.
The process of working with others to exchange ideas for a common goal.
Teacher of the Year
Ms. Chelsea White
Ms. White currently teaches in a first grade classroom.
Family Math Night
Family Reading Night
Fine Arts Family Night
Parent Teacher Association
Parent Volunteer Program
Watch DOGS Program
BJ’s Wholesale Club
Pine Ridge Fire Department
School Events and Programs
- Character Education Program
- Star Catchers Before & After School Program
- Book Fairs
- Field Day
- Sangaree Singers (2nd grade chorus)
- Family Math Night
- Family Reading Night
- Fine Arts Family Night
- Wellness Committee Activities
- 1:1 Mobile Devices
- Jump Rope for Heart
- PTA Family Dances
- Lego Club
- Google Expeditions
- English Language Learner Program
- PTA Bingo Night
- Title I Program School
- Leader in Me School
- WCIV Cool School of the Week
- Family Resource Room
- Little Free Library
- Common Sense Media School
- Ukulele Club
- Berkeley County Mental Health Support
School Improvement Council
The School Improvement Council works collaboratively with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan), monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives, and write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan. Councils also assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
When stakeholders are involved in their children's education, the quality of schools improves and children do better in school. Parents can bring great wisdom to the council. They have intimate knowledge about their children and access to other parents who can provide knowledge and insight.
Citizens who are not parents of children in the school can make unique contributions to School Improvement Councils. Senior citizens, business people, members of the faith community, staff of social service agencies and others all have knowledge, experience and resources to share. Community members who feel ownership in the school are often the best advocates for the children and the school.
- Tara Baker, Principal
- Tammy Alessandro, Title I Facilitator
- Ginger Hicks, School Counselor
- Alixander Little, Teacher
- Brandy DeMarco, Parent
- Sue Bowling, Community Member
- Cara McCall, Parent and SIC Chairperson
- Mistina Chambers, Parent and PTA President
- Ruth Butka, Assistant Principal
- Theresa Berard, Instructional Coach
Address: 1460 Royle Road Summerville, SC 29486
Facebook: Sangaree Elementary School Stars