Berkeley County School District's Office of Communications & Community Engagement supports the District's strategic plan and works to empower and collaborate with the District's audiences – including parents, staff, and community partners – by sharing engagement opportunities and timely, clear and appropriate information.Please contact the Office of Communication and Community Engagement with questions and requests related to:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Details on the district's communication strategies, tools and protocols
- Communication, branding and marketing supports available to the district's schools and offices
- Opportunities to share engaging stories and important news conveyed through the media, district websites, staff and parent updates, social media, and other communication tools
- The district's overall approach to and plans for communication and engagement
- Questions about events for students, staff and stakeholders
- Business, not-for-profit and family partnership opportunities (including OneBerkeley events, etc.)
BCSD leaders will host a stakeholder meeting at Cainhoy Elementary on Thursday, July 26 at 6 p.m. The BCSD administrative team is seeking input from the school community regarding the selection of a new principal.
BCSD leaders announced that Aidra Shaw will join Westview Primary as their new principal. Shaw will begin her new assignment immediately to prepare for the fast approaching school year.
Up to $2000 per academic year for eligible recipients
BCSD is participating in the Community Eligibility Provision for the 2018-2019 school year
This edition of In the Loop, published and distributed by the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, provides a highlighted summary of actions taken by the Berkeley County Board of Education during the board workshop on July 10, 2018.