Berkeley County School District's Office of Communications & Community Engagement supports the District's strategic plan and works to empower and collaborate with the District's audiences – including parents, staff, and community partners – by sharing engagement opportunities and timely, clear and appropriate information.Please contact the Office of Communication and Community Engagement with questions and requests related to:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Details on the district's communication strategies, tools and protocols
- Communication, branding and marketing supports available to the district's schools and offices
- Opportunities to share engaging stories and important news conveyed through the media, district websites, staff and parent updates, social media, and other communication tools
- The district's overall approach to and plans for communication and engagement
- Questions about events for students, staff and stakeholders
- Business, not-for-profit and family partnership opportunities (including OneBerkeley events, etc.)
All meetings will be held in the Boardroom of the Berkeley County Board of Education Building except as noted. Also, meetings will begin at 5:30 p.m. (Executive Session) with Regular Session scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
The BCSD administrative team is seeking input from the school community regarding the selection of the principal for Sedgefield Middle School.
At the Tuesday Berkeley County Board of Education meeting, board members confirmed the promotion of La Toya King from assistant principal at Philip Simmons Elementary School to principal.
Each summer, students recognized with Turnaround Achievement Awards are provided the opportunity to paddle on the Ashley River through our partnership with Dragon Boat Charleston.
At the Tuesday, June 25 meeting of the Berkeley County Board of Education, a second reading of the school district’s general fund budget was held and passed – approving several measures focused on positively impacting schools.