Welcome to the Division of Academic and Innovation
Berkeley County School District’s Division of Academic and Innovation is committed to providing a future focused vision on education through next generation learning. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students are college, career and life-ready when they graduate from BCSD by incorporating approaches that are rooted in rigorous college and career-ready outcomes and that integrate the following:
- Personalized Learning- Approaches that individualize learning for each student based on their individual strengths.
- Competency-Based Learning- Approaches that allow students to advance along a learning continuum based on mastery.
- Deeper-Learning- Approaches that enable the 4 Cs- critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Blended Learning- Approaches that employ multiple methods of content delivery through the infusion of technology to enable flexibility in time, place, path, and pace.
- Student-Centered Learning- Approaches that enable student to have voice and choice over their learning.
South Carolina Personalized Learning Framework
“The content of these links are not controlled by Berkeley County School District. While school staff members review links when they are inserted on district or school pages, the contents of the linked page can change at any time. Furthermore, school staff members may not have reviewed links found within the linked page. If you find linked content that you consider inappropriate, please contact the Berkeley County School District Office of Technology or Office of Communications and Community Engagement. Explore the link(s) at your own risk.”