Summer Reading 2018
Honors and Advanced Placement students have required summer reading.An electronic copy of all required summer reading texts is available at http://www.gofollett.comThis website allows access to our ebook collection.Learn how to access texts by watching a brief video HERE.Students can also access texts at their local public library. Public library cards are a great free resource and will connect you with print and electronic copies of books. If you have questions about how to access your library resources visit or contact your local branch.A list of Berkeley County Public Library branches is available HERE.Berkeley County Public Library eBooks FAQ and Access Directions
Access Berkeley County ebooks and emagazines HERE.
Below are brochures for BCSD students about optional summer reading. Each grade level has a theme and suggested titles on the below brochures. Students must read a fiction and an informational title for their course and must complete electronic registration and logging to be eligible for HHS Library and BCPL prizes.How to Register and Log Your Summer Reading
June 4th - July 30th (Early Registration Opens Online May 14th)
1. Go to berkeleylibsc.readsquared.com and click “register.”
2. Select “I’m registering myself only” for an individual account or “I’m a parent registering my kids” for a family account.
3. Follow the prompts as they guide you through the process.
4. Make a unique username and password. Please write these in a place easily remembered, so that you may access your account throughout the summer.
5. Once an adult account is created, you will be asked to create accounts for each individual family member. Usernames
must be unique but can be similar to help you remember (e.g., BookLover1; BookLover2).
*Passwords may be duplicated for each account.
Once completed, you are ready to begin the 2018 BCSL Summer Reading Program. Visit your account often to submit the books you have read, play games, or watch educational videos to earn points and win prizes. Instructions for each age group can be found online. If you prefer a paper log sheet, you can print one online or get one from the library. Prizes can be redeemed at any BCLS library starting June 11.