May 12, 2021
Virtual Senior Parent/Student Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
Parents will receive information about the check-out process and graduation.
The link for the meeting will be in Principal Taylor’s Weekly Update, your students’ Google classroom and Knightly News Google classroom.
May 24, 2021
Senior Sunset – 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
All seniors are invited to enjoy a cookout and watch the sunset. Bring your blankets or chairs and join in on the fun planned activities.
May 25, 2021
Virtual Awards Ceremony – 6:00 p.m.
Honored students and their parents will receive an invitation via email that will include the link to attend the virtual ceremony.
May 26, 2021
Seniors’ Last Day!
Students will receive a notice through mail, Google classroom and Principal Taylor’s Weekly Update with detailed information on the checkout process.
June 2, 2021
Last day to pay senior dues
Dues are paid online. PAY DUES
June 3, 2021
Senior Parade – 7:30 p.m.
Student cars will begin lining-up in the bus loop at 6:45 p.m.
June 10, 2021
Mandatory Graduation Practice – 3:30 p.m. in the Stratford Gym. You need to wear what you will be wearing to graduation and bring your cap and gown.
Do not bring stole, tassels or cords. ADDITIONAL INFO
June 12, 2021
Graduation Ceremony – 7:30 p.m. North Charleston Coliseum
Graduates must be in line by 6:30 p.m. ADDITIONAL INFO
To: Early Graduating Seniors and Parents/Guardians of Early Graduating Seniors
From: Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Worthy and the Graduation Committee
Date: January 13, 2021
Subject: TENTATIVE GRADUATION REMINDER: Appropriate clothes, dates, times and senior dues
- You should have placed an order with Jostens’ for your gown, cap, tassel and stole. (Included in the items you had the option to order or buy were announcements, diploma frames etc.)
- These orders are usually delivered in April. You are responsible for checking the website for the actual date these items will be delivered. (Payments should be made to Jostens, not Stratford.)
- Late orders can be placed with Jostens by calling them at (843)884-4311 or through their website, lowcountrygrad.com.
- After the pick-up date in April, Jostens’ will only leave orders that have zero balance in the main office.
Senior dues cover the numerous costs associated with the graduation ceremony which include diplomas, facility rental, programs, security and decorations. Students will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony if they have not paid their $50.00 dues.
Collection of senior dues will begin April 12, 2021. The final day to pay them is Tuesday, June 1st, 2021.
Mandatory graduation practice will be at 3:30pm on Thursday, June 10th, 2021 at Stratford High School. Seniors that do not participate in practice will NOT be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Students need to wear the clothes that they plan to wear for the graduation ceremony.
- Students also need to bring their caps and robes. After clothing has been inspected, each senior will put on the hat and robe for practice.
- Students should not bring their stole, tassels or honors cords as these are easily lost.
- Robes should be wrinkle free. Hang them up ASAP and follow the directions given with the robe if it needs ironing. Warning: The robe will melt very easily!
- Do not write on or change your hat in anyway.
- Graduation is the culmination of your high school studies and an important time for you and your family. The Senior Board, Faculty Advisory Committee and the Administration strive to make the graduation activities and the ceremony pleasurable and dignified.
- Graduation will be held at 7:30pm on Saturday, June 12th, 2021 at the North Charleston Coliseum. Graduates must report and be in line by 6:30pm.
- Tickets may be required for parking at the coliseum due to spaces limited by construction. (Unlimited offsite parking with busing to the coliseum would be made available.) Berkeley County has not been informed yet if this will be the case. Construction is scheduled to be completed “early 2021”. There will be no charge for parking. As soon as Stratford is given information about possible parking restrictions, it will be passed on through the school website.
- The North Charleston Coliseum’s Covid – 19 safety protocols may force a limit of people each graduate may invite to attend in person. Assigned seating is also a possibility. As soon as the coliseum makes this determination, the information will be made available.
- Seniors need to bring a minimum of personal belongings and valuables with them to the coliseum. Graduates will not be able to hold anything in their hands during the ceremony. Extra belongings need to fit into the graduate’s pockets or be surrendered to faculty. Any personal belongings will then be labeled with masking tape.
- Graduates will return to side halls after the ceremony to pick up their diploma, report card and any valuables given to faculty. Graduates will then exit the building to join friends and family.
- Graduation Dress Code:
- Knee-length dress or skirt; dark colors are mandatory due to the thinness of the robe OR black, full-length dress pants with a dress blouse.
- Top and bottom of shoes must be black. For safety reasons, heels may be no higher than 2 inches, backs of the shoes must be enclosed or have a heel strap.
- Stockings are optional and if worn should be flesh colored. Socks worn with pants should be black.
- Dark dress trousers (black or dark gray).
- Dark colored socks and black dress shoes.
- White dress shirt with a collar.
- Tie, either necktie or bowtie, needs to be solid or almost solid in black, gray or red. (No wild, loud patterns or overly bright colors.)
- Mortarboards (caps) are worn flat on the top of the head with the tassel on the right side. Graduates hairstyles need to allow the cap to stay flat. Hairpins should be used to secure the hat.
- Robes & Stoles
- Gowns and stoles should be pressed and wrinkle free. Use a warm not a hot iron!
- All students must wear the Stratford stole.
- Students awarded approved honors cords should plan on wearing all cords at the ceremony.
- Should be kept to a minimum. No excessive jewelry or sunglasses.
- Things NOT to wear:
- Athletic/tennis shoes
- Flip flops, slides, scuffs
- Clothes that are too revealing
- Things NOT to bring:
- Chewing gum, food & drinks
- Cameras, cell phones, multimedia players, electronic games
- Toys of any kind, beach balls; the North Charleston Coliseum prohibits balloons, noise makers, air horns and coolers.
Diplomas will not be awarded June 12th to students that conduct themselves inappropriately. This includes disrupting the ceremony with noise or visual displays such as signs or beach balls. Students that misbehave will have to make an appointment with Mrs. Taylor after June 18th, 2021 to receive their diploma.
We ask that all parents and their guests refrain from yelling out, screaming or acting in any inappropriate manner as names are called. This will ensure that all in the audience may hear the name of each graduate.
If you have any questions or need clarification about any aspect of graduation, please ask members of the graduation committee, teachers that have helped with graduation in the past or administration.
2021 BCSD Graduation Health & Safety Info
As safety and security remains the district’s number one priority, participants and attendees are expected to adhere to the following health and safety protocols at each venue*:
- Clear bag/no bag entry procedures will be in place at each venue.
- The North Charleston Coliseum has lifted all capacity restrictions so graduations held at the coliseum will no longer be required to use guest tickets. Graduations held on BCSD sites will adhere to the 6 tickets per graduate limitation.
- If graduating at a BCSD site, children 3 years of age and younger will not require a ticket; however, seating will be designated to accompany ticketed individuals only.
- If graduating at a BCSD site, children 3 years of age and younger will need to be held or placed on the lap of a ticketed individual during the ceremony.
- Sanitation stations will be available at each venue for attendee use.
- Attendees will be expected to remain in their designated seating area until the conclusion of the graduation ceremony. Attendees WILL NOT be permitted on the floor area designated for graduates before, during or after the graduation ceremony.
- At the conclusion of the graduation ceremony, attendees will be dismissed by section in an effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- All attendees are asked to move directly to their vehicles and exit the venues.
- Graduates will be dismissed by school administration at their staging location following the graduation ceremony.
- Re-entry to the venue will be prohibited following the conclusion of the ceremony.
- The graduation ceremonies will be live streamed on the BCSD YouTube channel.
*The North Charleston Coliseum is not a district property. All attendees will be expected to adhere to safety protocols as outlined by the North Charleston Coliseum and the City of North Charleston. Health and safety protocols are subject to change at the discretion of the North Charleston Coliseum and the City.