We encourage students to excel in all areas of development with the following motivators:
- You "Otter" Be Reading 20/20 Program - Students earn a small prize for each month they read for at least 20 minutes a day for a minimum of 20 days. For emerging readers, parents may read to their child. A reading log calendar is sent home each month and parents are asked to sign the bottom of each calendar as verification.
- Otter Bucks - Classes visit the Otter Landing Bookstore on a regular basis to cash in paper otter bucks they receive as part of GCP's Positive Behavior In Schools program. The bookstore is stocked with paperback books and small prizes.
- Blast Off to Summer - This day of fun and movement occurs in May near the school year's end. Students earn admission with good behavior. Jump castle, dancing and creative art activities occur during school hours on this special day.
- Monthly Spirit Days - On GCP Spirit Days, students and staff are requested to wear a GCP t-shirt. Recognition is given to the class in each grade level who sport the most number of GCP t-shirts.
- Character Award Celebrations - In conjunction with the GCP Guidance Department, teachers select a student from each class who best represents the featured monthly character word i.e. responsibility, respect, etc. Those students attend a brief celebration with the guidance counselors in recognition of this award.
- Semester Award Programs - At the completion of each semester, a variety of academic and related arts awards are presented to students from each class who best demonstrate most improved academic achievement or behavior.