Welcome to our school!
Linking rigor, relevance & relationship, connecting the pieces for student success: parents, students, teachers and community!
The mission of St. Stephen Middle School is to equip students each day with the necessary skills to meet the demands of a changing society and to help produce responsible, contributing citizens.
We believe that:
- the primary objective of the school is to enable students to become independent, confident, and self-disciplined.
- curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate the visual, tactile, kinesthetic, and auditory learners.
- students and staff have the right to be treated with respect and to not have their rights infringed upon by others.
- administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission and have an interest in the success of the students and the school.
- students need to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge, skills and problem-solving and be collectively responsible for producing quality work.
- a physically safe and psychologically stimulating environment encourages and motivates students to achieve high levels of success.
In keeping with our theme, "Linking Rigor, Relevance and Relationship: Connecting the Pieces for Student Success," we encourage all stakeholders-Parents, Teachers, Students, and Community-to work collaboratively to make St. Stephen Middle School a success!