Hanahan High School is located at 6015 Murray Drive in Hanahan, SC. Our phone number is 843-820-3710.
Building upon our rich Lowcountry traditions, we will ignite, in every student, a passion for life-long learning. Through dynamic instruction, creative partnerships and exceptional support, we will foster opportunities for each student to build a legacy of success.
"To challenge and empower our students to be successful in a highly competitive world."
Advanced Placement Highlights (students scoring 3 or higher)
English Language 79%
Computer Science 69%
US History 68%
School Improvement Council
Joyce Hanclosky, Chairperson
Brooke Patterson, Student
Gerri Johnson, Parent
Karen Murray, Parent
Ginger Patterson, Parent
Serena Churchill, Teacher
Dr. Chelsey Bradley, Academy Coach
Alison Thornley, Assistant Principal
Thomas Gallus, Principal
- 11 Advance Placement Courses
- 40 Honors Level Courses
- 215 Students Enrolled in AP Courses
- 21% Students Enrolled in AP Courses
TWO HHS SENIORS ARE SEMIFINALISTS FOR THE NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Annual School Report Card Data
- Last year’s graduating class had 53 Berkeley County Honors Certificate recipients, 18 Palmetto Fellows Scholars, 11 students earned the South Carolina Academic Honors Award, and 66 scored at least 1100 on the SAT and/or 24 on the ACT.
- Hanahan High School consistently exceeds district and state averages for the SAT and ACT scores.
- The Marching Pride Band consistently receives high marks at the SCBDA Region 5, All County, All State, Lower State, and State AAA levels.
- Our Theater program continues to excel, qualifying nine students for National competition.
- Our athletic teams remain competitive in region and state competitions.
- The science department proudly represented the school at Clemson University and received state honors for the Biology Merit Exam.
- HHS Earned a Superior Rating at the 2020 Palmetto Dramatic Association's One Act Festival
Attendance Areas: Hanahan, Otranto, Eagle Landing, Tanner Plantation
School Enrollment: Avg. 1,000
Number of National Board Certified Teachers: 22
Percentage of Teachers with Advanced Degrees: 75%
Percentage of Teachers on Continuing Contracts: 90%
Number of Athletic Teams: 34
Parent Involvement: PTSA, Booster Club, Before School Tutoring, School Improvement Council, Renaissance
Special Programs offered at HHS
- Media Technology
- Computer Science
- Automotive Technology
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Digital Arts & Design
- Business Management
- Service Learning
Mr. Thomas Gallus
Mrs. Alison Thornley
Mrs. Kim Joseph
Assistant Principal & Athletic Director
Mr. Charles Sweeney
Dr. Chelsey Bradley
Testing Coordinator & Academy Coach
Mrs. Courtney Barber
School Counseling Director