Welcome to the School Counseling page
Madeline Elmore ~ email@example.com ~ 843.899.8880
Frances Gard ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~843.899.8880
Ms. Gard will be part time this year and will be here on Wednesday, Thursday, 1/2 Friday.
How can a student be referred to a counselor?
Self-Referral, Administration/Teacher Referral & Parent referral
Does your child need to speak with a School Counselor? Click below:
The school counseling department at WES is a comprehensive program that focuses on students' personal/social, career, and academic development as well as character development. Here is a quick overview of the services the school counselors offer:
- Individual Counseling
- Small groups on topics such as family changes, grief, social skills, friendship, etc.
- Classroom guidance on topics such as academic success, career awareness, conflict resolution, social skills, coping strategies and character education
- Referral services for community resources
- Collaboration with teachers and parents
- Parent conferences
- Special programs such as Red Ribbon Week, Student of the Month,and Career on Wheels.
- Backpack buddies
- Partnerships with community organizations.
Ms. Elmore and Mr. Gard promotes our district-wide character education program. Each month we focus on a different character trait.
Below is a list of our character trait for each month:
- September- Respect
- October- Responsibility
- November- Citizenship
- December- Generosity
- January- Self-Discipline
- February- Kindness & Compassion
- March- Perseverance
- April- Honesty & Integrity
- May- Fairness & Cooperation
Ms. Elmore & Ms. Gard coordinates our Kiwanis partnership. Each month representatives from the Moncks Corner Kiwanis come and celebrate an outstanding student from each class that best demonstrates the monthly character trait. The Kiwanis Club generously donates certificates, pencils and coupons from local vendors. We are thankful to work with such a great organization!
WES School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of Whitesville Elementary School Counseling Program is to establish partnerships between the school, parents, and community so we can provide a safe and encouraging learning environment. Using a comprehensive curriculum, we strive to prepare students with the knowledge and skills to achieve academic, career, and personal success. We challenge each individual student to reach their own maximum potential so that they can become productive members of society.