Phone: 843-797-2620 x.1035
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in History, Minor in Secondary Education M.S. in Counseling
Mrs. Caitlin Murchie-Chapman
Thank you for taking the time to review our Title I page! If you have any feedback or suggestions please feel free to contact the school or e-mail me.
Thank you for visiting our Title I page!
Title I is the largest federal education program supported through the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965. The current authorization is referred to as the "No Child Left Behind" Act. Schools qualify for fiscal support from Title I through the participation of students in the subsidized lunch program. Regulations require that school staff and parents participate in determining how funds are best used to meet the needs of a school. Title I schools are held accountable for and support student achievement, school improvement, and family engagement.
2018-2019 SFM Title I Funds Provide the Following Support:
- Provide additional classroom reading and math supplies
- Purchase new technology
- Increase parent-school relations
- Increase community involvement
- Integrate technology into classroom instruction
- Provide professional development to improve best teaching practices
- Provide supplies for SIC/Title I Meetings, Staff Professional Development Training
- Secure site licensures for Brain Pop, Newsela, Lexia, NoRedInk, Flocabulary and IXL
- Implement Family Literacy Events and Parent University Nights
- Equip our parenting room with educational supplies
ESSA Family's Right-to-Know
- Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or any other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
- Information on the level of achievement of the parent's child in each of the State academic assessments as required under this part.
* Families may obtain information about their child’s teacher by contacting the school or through the State Department of Education at http://ed.sc.gov.
Please visit our district website for more information: https://www.bcsdschools.net/Page/24269