Family's Right To Know
Parents may request information regarding the professional qualifications of a student's classroom teachers, including the following:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher, any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications
- Information on the level of achievement of the parent's child in each of the state academic assessments as required under this part
Teacher qualifications can be accessed at the South Carolina Department of Education's Educator Qualification Search.