Regulations & Cost
Please read the following information carefully as it contains important details concerning parking cost and regulations.
Parking will be handled on a first come, first served basis. This form is a requirement and will determine the order decals will be made available to students.
If all goes according to plan, forms will be signed and payment will be collected prior to September 8. Payment may be made in either cash or check (payable to Hanahan High School). No decals will be issued until payment is received.
- Due to the limited number of parking spots available, parking will only be available to seniors and juniors only. Sophomores will not be allowed to park on campus.
- Students may purchase a parking permit at a cost of $50.00 to park on campus for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Seniors will be assigned parking in the senior parking lot. Juniors will be assigned parking in the junior parking area.
- Seniors and juniors who are not able to purchase a pass upon return due to a lack of space will be put on a waiting list. If / when a spot becomes available, the cost will remain $50.00.
- Students must have a conditional driver's license allowing them to drive alone. A beginner's permit will not qualify.
- Parking decals must be displayed in the front window at all times. Vehicles without decals may be subject to towing.
- Students must exit their vehicles upon arriving at school and leave school promptly upon dismissal. Students will not be allowed to sit in their vehicles prior to the first bell or once school is dismissed.
- Students may not leave campus during the day unless they follow the proper sign-out procedures.
- Students do not have permission to go to the parking lot or to a vehicle during the school day. Vehicles should not used as lockers.
- Students may not share parking passes.
- Students driving a vehicle different than the one listed on this form should notify school administration upon arrival. Information about the new / different vehicle should be provided and the assigned parking decal must be displayed.
- Students must follow all safety rules and traffic signs while driving on school grounds.
- Vehicles should not exceed 10 mph while driving on school grounds.
- Music should be not be heard outside the vehicle anytime while on campus.
- Vehicles on school property are subject to search by school administration. Students will be held responsible for any contraband that is found in their vehicles. If any items are found that are not allowed on campus, the student will be subject to consequences up to recommendation for expulsion.
- Consequences for violations will include ISS/OSS, loss of privileges from 1 week up to the remainder of the year. Please see the chart below.