Student, Family & Staff Support
- The primary instructional focus for the first nine weeks will focus on determining which standards were missed or partially covered. The instructional plan will focus on standards missed/ not mastered as well as standards for first quarter.
- The school will provide a weekly blackboard message to parents referencing information on student learning, health and safety updates, school activities, and general school operations.
- Teachers will regularly communicate with parents to discuss students’ progress as well as academic, social, and emotional needs. Teachers will maintain a communication log to document parent contact. Teachers will be expected to conference with parents via telephone or virtually, on a regular basis.
- A parent-friendly brochure or pamphlet will be sent to parents to explain specific school procedures and guidelines the school year.
- Administration and teachers will conduct a virtual Meet the Teacher.
- Administration will create a video to welcome students and parents to the beginning of school. This will include all students regardless of learning pathways. The principal will send personal welcome card to each family.
- The administration will implement a communication system for teachers to present their concerns, request support, and to identify
School Counseling Services
- The school’s guidance department will develop and implement a plan for checking in with students and their families relative to specific needs. The school counselor will develop individual and small groups to address social and emotional needs relative to home and school. Services and support will be provided to students who are enrolled in both traditional and blended distance learning.