Arrival & Dismissal
Arrival & Breakfast
- All school staff entering the building will have temperature checked by nurse and/or trained unlicensed staff member. They must in their classrooms at 7:00 a.m. to receive their students.
Student Arrival (7:00 - 7:30 a.m.)
- All students entering the building (car and bus) on a daily basis will have temperature checked by nurse and/or trained unlicensed staff member.
- Bus riders and car riders will enter separate entrances beginning at 7:00 a.m. Parents may not dropped students off before 7:00 a.m.
Late Arrivals (after 7:30 a.m.)
- A staff member will monitor these students and walk them to class after they eat.
- Students who are tardy/late (arrive at or after 7:30 a.m.) to school will be dropped off at the main entrance to the school. Parents will not be allowed to enter the building and will be greeted by front office staff. Parents will sign-in students on appropriate form. Students will be offered breakfast, but will need to eat in a designated area before going to class. Staff member will walk students to breakfast or class.
- Signage will be posted to inform parents that they must remain outside the building when dropping off students; however, during inclement weather, parents will be allowed to enter the inside area just beyond the main entrance door.
- Students will unload buses in an orderly manner to ensure social distancing. Upon entering the building, bus riders will stand in a designated space (6 feet apart) identified by colored tape. Students will be offered breakfast and/or proceed to class while actively monitored by school staff. Students will eat breakfast in classroom at assigned desk/seat.
- Staff member will unload students from cars one car at a time to maintain social distancing as students enter the building. Identified spaces for students to stand or wait for adult instruction will be labeled to maximize social distancing (some colored placement on floor). Students will be offered breakfast and/or proceed to class while actively monitored by school staff. Students will eat breakfast in classroom at assigned desk/seat.
Breakfast in Class
- Students will eat breakfast in classroom at assigned desk/seat. Trash bags will be provided to classrooms for students to dispose of trash.
- Custodial staff will collect the breakfast trash by 7:45 a.m. daily.
- Students will be dismissed by announcement over the school’s telephone intercom system. Students who are car riders will be called first. Car riders will be called by assigned car numbers. Numbers will be called to ensure social distancing and to minimize groups of students walking together. Students will sit six feet apart in identified space. Staff member will monitor and escort students to parent car.
- Bus riders will be called by grade level and teacher. Teachers will escort students to buses as normal maintaining social distancing. Late bus students will wait in multipurpose room seated in an assigned designated space (6 feet between spaces). School staff will assist bus driver with seating on the bus to maximize social distancing.
- Students who are returned to school by buses due unavailability of adult at home, will remain in a designated area with social distancing until picked up by parent/guardian.