College & Career Corner
Planning for your college and/or career should start early! For that reason, a student's Individual Graduation Plan (IGP) meeting is extremely important in helping you access the many resources that are available. Each your, your School Counselor will remind you of the steps you could take to ensure that your transition from high school to adult life goes as smoothly as possible.
To help you stay on track, check out the College Planning suggestions from College Board for 9th and 10th graders and 11th and 12th graders. For a month by month guide for juniors and seniors, try this resource: College Board's Prepping Parents.
Check out these helpful links, while you're at it!
Career Research & Networking:
- To research careers and have access to career assessments www.scois.net (See your School Counselor for information on how to access your account.)
- To create or update your STEMPremier/Tallo account www.tallo.com (See your School Counselor for information on how to access your account.)
- To research careers in sports (for the non-athlete) www.learnhowtobecome.org/career-resource-center/careers-in-sports/
- To research Historically Black Colleges & Universities http://www.hbcupages.com/hbcumatch.php
- To research colleges and universities in South Carolina https://www.sciway.net/edu/colleges/alphalist.html
- To research independent colleges and universities in South Carolina http://scicu.org/wp-content/CollegeGuide/
- To research Junior Colleges https://ncjaa.org
- For information about college and career opportunities in South Carolina https://getsmartsc.com/
- To research requirements to play sports in college through the NCAA http://www.ncaa.org/
- To register for the NCAA Eligibility Center https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
- 2019-2020 Guide for the College-Bound Student Athlete
- NCAA site for future student-athletes http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future
- To research requirements to play sports in college through the NAIA and register for the NAIA Eligibility Center http://www.naia.org/