BCSD Grant Application Process
Thank you for considering writing a grant to provide additional resources and opportunities for Berkeley County and our students. Grants are approved or may need additional support approval based on the information below.
- If the grant is less than $5,000 and is for supplies/materials/services that are confined to a classroom, the principal may approve and the grant submission form filed within a week after the application date.
- If the amount of the grant is:
$5,000 - $9,999
Office of Federal & State Programs
- If the grant includes:
Contact for Additional Approval
Purchase/requirement of additional technology/software resources/services?
Contact Diane Driggers,
Executive Director of Technology
Requirement of additional personnel/positions?
Contact Dr. Glenda Levine,
Chief Human Resource Officer
Requirement of physical changes to a school building/campus?
Contact James Thomas,
Director of Facility Services
- All grant budgets must follow the BCSD financial procedures. If you have questions about financial procedures contact Jacque Carlen, Director of Financial Services.
- A grant submission form and copy of the grant application must be sent to Denise Ling, Director of Federal & State Programs to be placed on file for grant award information. If the grant approval level is the principal, submit the form within one week of applying for the grant.
- If the grant requires approval by the OFSP or cabinet, submit a grant description with this form at least one week before the grant is due to be submitted.
- Project Leaders are responsible for implementation and reporting in accordance with requirements of the grantor and within district policy.
- All grant funds are to be deposited and administered by the Office of Finance to ensure fund compliance and fiscal accountability.
Berkeley County School District
Grant Submission Form
This form should be submitted to Denise Ling to be filed for grant award information. If the answers to questions 8 and/or 9 are (yes), you must get approval from specific offices before submitting the grant.
1. Date Intent to Apply form submitted to the OFSP
4. Grant amount:
5. Length of grant (dates):
6. Project Leader (contact person and grant manager):
7. Time frame of grant (start and finish dates):
8. Does the project require hiring additional employees? If yes, please describe:
Check One: Yes □ No □
If the answer is yes, contact Dr. Glenda Levine for approval.
9. Does the grant require matching funds or in-kind contributions (facilities, equipment, etc.) from the school or district? If yes, please describe:
Check One: Yes □ No □
I the answer is yes, contact Jacque Carlen for approval.
10. *Signature of Project Leader
11. *Signature of Principal
A grant submission form and copy of the grant application must be sent to Denise Ling in the OFSP to be placed on file for grant award information. If the grant approval level is the principal, submit the form within one week of applying for the grant.
If the grant requires approval by the cabinet, submit a grant description with this form at least one week before the grant is due to be submitted.
Did you know?
Teachers can receive recertification points for writing and being awarded a grant.
Refer to BCSD portal, HR, Certificate Renewal matrix, #9.
Educational Project, Collaboration, Grant, or Research Renewal credits for educational projects, collaborations, grants, or research are awarded only for those activities that:
- exceed job requirements for the educator’s position, as defined by the employing educational entity;
- are coordinated or approved by an educational entity;
- are related to student achievement and/or to the goals of an educational entity;
- result in an educationally relevant product; and
- are a minimum of 5 hours in length.
Maximum: up to 60 renewal credits may be earned via this option during the five-year validity period of the certificate.
Accrual rate: 1 hour of direct participation = 1 renewal credit
Maximum for each activity within this option - 30 renewal credits
In order to receive renewal credits via this option, the educator must provide
- A synopsis (one page or less) of the project, collaboration, grant, or research
- Official documentation from the educational entity verifying the date(s) and hours of direct participation.