Berkeley County School District's Office of Communications & Community Engagement supports the District's strategic plan and works to empower and collaborate with the District's audiences – including parents, staff, and community partners – by sharing engagement opportunities and timely, clear and appropriate information.Please contact the Office of Communication and Community Engagement with questions and requests related to:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Details on the district's communication strategies, tools and protocols
- Communication, branding and marketing supports available to the district's schools and offices
- Opportunities to share engaging stories and important news conveyed through the media, district websites, staff and parent updates, social media, and other communication tools
- The district's overall approach to and plans for communication and engagement
- Questions about events for students, staff and stakeholders
- Business, not-for-profit and family partnership opportunities (including OneBerkeley events, etc.)
Sanagaree Elementary has a number of ongoing programs to keep students healthy and teach them about wellness and nutrition -- one of things they offer is kitchen tours for classes.
Cross Middle/High, several other schools awarded Google grants to improve tech and encourage creation on campuses
There’s a vision of the future at Cross Middle/High School, and it includes a state-of-the-art focus on the past.
Parents and students in attendance will have the opportunity to view presentations by various art disciplines on which the arts magnet school focuses.
Hanahan Elementary wins "cool school" award in Isle of Palms Polar Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics; 50 percent of their earnings will go back into the school.