All employees are covered by a Workers’ Compensation Plan, which is provided by the district.
- Workers’ compensation pays medical bills and a percentage of lost wages to employees injured while performing their jobs.
- If an employee dies as a result of a work-related accident or disease, death benefits are paid to dependents.
- If any injury occurs while the employee is actively engaged in performing a work assignment, he/she must immediately notify the supervisor about the accident or injury so that a First Report of Injury form may be completed.
- For an emergency, get medical attention immediately.
- If the injury is not an emergency, the employer will refer you to a physician and/or treatment facility.
- All accidents should be reported whether the employee thinks he/she is injured or not.
- If an employee does not notify his/her employer within a specified period of time, the injured employee may not be covered under the workers’ compensation system.