Give Your Child a Head Start at NO Cost!
We offer children and families a variety of services:
* School Readiness
* Safe, Licensed Facilities
* Individualized Teaching
* Health & Social Services
* Parent Engagement
* Developmental & Health Screenings
* Services for children with special needs
* Quality Early Childhood Education
* Nutritious Meals
Click the link below to complete the Head Start Pre-registration form. After you complete this form you will receive an email with further instructions.
To be eligible for services; a child must be at least three years or four years of age by September 1st (public school cutoff date) to be considered for enrollment at the beginning of the school year.For children who turn three years old after September 1st, the parent/guardian may apply on his/her child’s third birthday for the child to be considered for enrollment.
Documents needed to apply:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Income (W2, 1040, TANF/SSI)
- 2 Proofs of Residency (utility bill, lease, cable bill, etc..)
- Insurance/Medicaid Card
- Parent/Legal Guardian ID
- SNAP/WIC documentation (if applicable)
- Current Immunization Certificate
- Documentation of Private Services, or IEP/IFSP (if applicable)
The Berkeley County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap in admission to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies should be made to the Director of Human Resources.