This page is dedicated to helping seniors research and apply for scholarships throughout the state and nation.
Let Mrs. Evelyn Stanley in Guidance know as soon as you are offered any scholarships!!! Guidance MUST have a copy of your official scholarship notification. We need this information in order to add this information to the graduation program as well as for Awards Night!
APPLYING FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
- The Guidance Department will gladly assist you with processing scholarship applications.Please note the criteria for the majority of scholarships has been determined by outside organizations and colleges
- Usually, we must pre-date the scholarship deadline for processing; therefore, your deadline will be the deadline to submit the application to Guidance.
- It is the responsibility of the student to meet scholarship deadlines. Waiting until the last minute may disqualify you or can forfeit your chance to be considered for the scholarship if received past the deadline. THE GUIDANCE OFFICE NEEDS TIME TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION AND RETURN IT TO YOU TO MAIL
- If you are interested in a scholarship and meet the eligibility requirements, pick up an application from the office, print out an application from the Cane Bay Scholarship Link, or apply online.
- Completely and carefully fill in all information requested
- If transcripts and/or counselor/teacher recommendations are required, request this information from Mrs. Middleton-Gadsden in the Guidance Office
- Please maintain updated information on your Profile sheet and keep in your senior folder, located in the Guidance office. This will help me nominate you for scholarships
- Bring a copy of ALL scholarships received (even the ones you do not plan to accept) to the Guidance Office, so that you will be recognized for your achievements during Senior Awards Night.
- USE BLACK INK IF APPLICATION HAS TO BE PRINTED AND BE EXTREMELY NEAT.
- MAKE A COPY OF THE APPLICATION, COMPLETE IT AND THEN TRANSFER THE INFORMATION TO THE ACTUAL FORM.
- CHECK YOUR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR
- READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS / RECOMMENDATIONS FROM MRS. EVELYN STANLEY BEFORE THE DUE DATE.
Great Links and other Resources to help with your Scholarship Search:
(CBHS is not affiliated with and cannot endorse any scholarship database. These sites are provided for your benefit.)
QuestBridge.org - QuestBridge is a non-profit program that links outstanding low-income high school students with educational and scholarship opportunities at some of the nation’s best colleges. QuestBridge provides the College Prep Scholarship for juniors, which prepares them for the college admissions process, and the National College Match for seniors applying to college.
fastweb.com - paying for school just got easier!
SchoolSoup.com - Providing students with the most scholarships and other financial aid option on the internet - over $32 Billion in scholarship awards