MUSC STAR Program
The CDT Program, called STAR for Stabilization - Treatment - Assessment - Reintegration, provides intensive, comprehensive intervention to children and adolescents with severe behavior disturbances using a “day treatment” model. This is a less costly alternative to inpatient care, yet still provides the multi-faceted, long-term care required.
* For a the complete list of resources, please see my Community Resource Page!
Talking To Children About Crisis (pdf file - 130 KB)
Kid's Law Book (pdf file - 1.22 MB)
Kid's Law Companion (pdf file - 1.04 MB)
If you have parents looking for summer camps for their kids, this is an awesome list of them in the Charleston area as well as some elsewhere:
From Lowcountry Parent Magazine: "To help you navigate your summer camp options, we've pulled together an extensive list of day camp offerings in the Lowcountry, as well as overnight camps in South Carolina and some neighboring states."
An excellent list of resources on digital citizenship from Edutopia. Great stuff on digital responsibility, cyber bullying, internet safety, media and digital literacy, etc
http://www.commonsensemedia.org/ An excellent resource that rates the current media such as TV shows, movies, books, etc for children!
South Carolina Information Highway website is a good website for a list of South Carolina – K12 Public, Private, and Home Schools.
SC Virtual Schools
- Palmetto State E-cademy - 9-12 virtual high school, authorized as a SC public charter school
- Provost Academy South Carolina - 9-12 virtual high school, authorized as a SC public charter
- South Carolina Calvert Academy - K-8 virtual public charter school
- South Carolina Connections Academy - K12 virtual public charter school