JROTC MALE UNIFORM
· A clean shaved face; mustaches should not be any wider than the width of the mouth.
· No earrings worn with uniform.
· Only black socks should be worn with the uniform.
· Sideburns will be neatly trimmed. The base will not be flared and will be a clean-shaven, horizontal line. Sideburns will not extend below the lowest part of the exterior ear opening.
· Clean-cut haircuts, off ears and collar, Males are not authorized to wear braids, cornrows, or dreadlocks (unkempt, twisted, matted, individual parts of hair) while in uniform. Hair that is clipped closely or shaved to the scalp is authorized.
· Cadets will keep fingernails clean and neatly trimmed so as not to interfere with performance of duty.
· No jewelry, watch chain, combs, checkbooks, pens, pencils or similar items will appear exposed on uniforms. The Army uniform will not be mixed with civilian clothing. Bulky items in pockets distract from the uniform. While in uniform, cadets will not place their hands in their pockets except momentarily to place or retrieve items.
Rank: Class A: Pin-on grade insignia are worn only on the epaulets of the ASU jacket. Officer: Centered on the lapel a 5/8 inch (width of a dime) from the edge of the shoulder seam. NCO RANK: Centered on the lapel a 5/8 inch (width of a dime) from the edge of the shoulder seam. Arrows always point toward the collar. Class B: Shoulder board grade insignia are authorized for wear only on the JROTC gray shirt. Shoulder boards are worn by all personnel in the rank of corporal and above on the shoulder loops of the gray shirt.
Academic Wreath: Centered 1/4 inch (width of a pencil) above the name tag.
Name Tag: The male name plate will be worn on the flap of the right breast pocket. The name plate will be vertically centered between the top of the button and the top of the pocket. Center the name plate horizontally above the button. The pocket area on the Class B uniform is the same as the pocket area on the Class A uniform.
Ribbons: 1/4 inch (width of a pencil) above the left top pocket, centered on the button below.
Placement of JROTC insignia and Torches on Class A uniforms for Cadet Officers: the JROTC insignia will be worn 5/8 inch (dime width) above the notch on both lapels with the center line of the JROTC bisecting the notch and parallel to the inside edge of the lapel. The Torches will be worn on both lapels 5/8 inch (dime width) below the notch, with the torch bisecting the JROTC insignia and parallel to the inside edge of the lapel.
Placement of Torches on Class A uniforms for enlisted Cadets: The torches will be worn 5/8 inch above the notch on the lapel, centered on the lapel of the coat, and parallel to the inside edge of the lapel.
Cords: A maximum of two cords can be worn. If one is worn, it goes on the left. If two are worn, the highest goes on the left.
Special JROTC team pins (arcs): Arcs designating various JROTC teams may be worn on the right chest pocket with SAI approval. Team pins approved for wear are color guard, drill team, rifle team, honor guard, raider team, JCLC.Shoes: Any solid black shoes can be worn but with laces, they must be tied.