Instructor: Steven Jones School Phone: 820-4000 ext.4401
Textbook: World Geography Email: email@example.com
- Demonstrate an understanding of world geography – understand the five themes, develop and use geographic vocabulary, understand ethnocentrism, develop/advance geography skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of the , geographic, and political interactions that took place throughout the world during the nineteenth century.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of the geographic, and political interactions that took place throughout the world during the early twentieth century.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of the geographic, and political interactions that have taken place throughout the world from the period of the Cold War to the present day.
- Students are expected to complete in-class assignments when given.
- Students are expected to pay attention during lectures, discussions, take notes, and follow class procedures and rules.
- Students are expected to study for tests and quizzes, complete homework assignments and projects on time. Homework must be done in pen or pencil; projects may be done using a computer.
- Students are expected to follow all classroom, Stratford High School, and Berkeley County rules.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a mature manner at all times.
1. Notes and class discussions.
2. Cartography activities.
3. Project assignments with written and oral presentations.
4. A variety of class activities.
Major tests will be given at the conclusion of each chapter/unit (approximately every two weeks). In addition, quizzes and other class work grades will be given on a daily basis. Any work given in-class will receive a grade and can affect the overall grade. Grades will be weighted as follows:
Major Tests/Projects 45%
Homework/Class work/Quizzes 45%
Final Exam 10% 100%
Student Conference/ Parent Contact
Detention/ Parent Contact
*** The teacher reserves the right to skip to the 3rd offense consequence in extreme misbehavior cases.
- A 2” three ring binder notebook to hold all class work.
- Plenty of notebook paper (Wide-Ruled or College Ruled).
- Pencils and Pens for homework and class work. (No RED pens).
- In addition, students will be given projects throughout the year, and may need the following:
- Poster board
- Colored Pens/Pencils/Markers
- Computer Floppy Disks or CD/flashdrives
MAKE-UP WORK DUE TO ABSENCES:
Students are expected to make up any missed grades/class notes within five days of their return to school. It is the STUDENT’S responsibility to find out what was missed and make arrangements with me to make-up work, including tests and quizzes. Late work will be penalized.
The Berkeley County tardy policy will be enforced as follows:
1st tardy – Verbal warning
2nd tardy – Notification of parent and detention.
3rd tardy – Office Referral/ISS
4th tardy – Office referral/ISS or OSS
5th or more tardies – Office referral/OSS
Phones and Electronic Devices:
Berkeley County School Board Policy will be followed in every instance regarding phones and other devices. Please do not bring them to class.
Coach Jones: Class Period: ______________
I have read and understand the behavior and grading standards you have established for the classroom, and the consequences for infractions.
NAME OF STUDENT_____________________________________________(PRINT)
SIGNATURE OF STUDENT________________________________________DATE___________________
SIGNATURE OF PARENT/GUARDIAN____________________________DATE____________________
E-Mail Address: _______________________________________________________
Phone number: _______________________________________________________