Welcome to Mr. Miller's 7th Grade Social Studies!I am a highly qualified teacher of Middle Level Social Studies in the state of South Carolina, and I am excited to teach Social Studies at Marrington Middle School!I encourage parent communication! To contact me, please email at: email@example.com.For information on Mastery Connect, Google Classroom, and Edpuzzle, please go to the "Mastery Connect, Edpuzzle, and Google Classroom Info" page on the left sidebar of the website.For a copy of class notes (in case of absences or missed notes), please go to the "Class Notes" page on the left sidebar of the website.You can also access the class syllabus, classroom policies, and content standards by clicking on the respective pages on the left sidebar of the website.This Week's Homework:Monday- 5/20/19:No HomeworkTuesday- 5/21/19:No HomeworkWednesday- 5/22/19:Help Wanted Flyer due tomorrow @ 7:30 AMThursday- 5/23/19:No HomeworkFriday- 5/24/19:No HomeworkWeekly Lesson Plans:*TTW= The teacher will TSW= The student willWeek of: 5/20/19-5/24/19
- TSW go to the auditorium for the Career Week Introduction and Job Skills, Profession Attire, and Interviewing presentations.
- TSW complete the Career Exploration Worksheet.
Career Week Presentations- These presentations will inform students about what they will be doing during Career Week, as well as teach them about job skills, professional attire, and interviewing tips.
Career Exploration Worksheet- Students will complete a worksheet based on their SCOIS suggested career. This will teach them more about the job that they are potentially going to present on.
- TTW present a Social Networking presentation to students.
- TSW complete Career Exploration Worksheet #2, based on their own choice of career.
- TSW choose their career via Google Forms that they will be presenting on for career week.
Social Networking presentation- This presentation will go over the key dos and dont’s for social networking when trying to find a job.
Career Exploration Worksheet- See Monday
- TTW present the “Adulting 101” math presentation.
- TSW complete the Adulting 101 worksheet.
- TSW work on their Help Wanted Flyer.
Adulting 101 Presentation- This presentation will go over the math of being adult, such as budgeting and salaries.
Adulting 101 Worksheet- This is a math worksheet in which students will solve real world math problems based on their selected career.
Help Wanted Flyer- In this activity, the students will create a digital help wanted flyer that will provide key information about their chosen career.
- TTW go over the Project Expectations, Guidelines, and Rubric Presentation.
- TSW begin working on their career week presentations.
Project Expectations, Guidelines, and Rubric Presentation- This presentation will go over the career week presentations and what is expected from students for these.
Career Week Presentations- Using Google Slides, each student will create a presentation about their chosen careers. They will be presenting these Tuesday 5/28 or Wednesday 5/29.
- Career guests will come in to talk to students and help them with their presentations.
- TSW work on their Career Week Presentations.
Career Week Presentations- See Thursday