Dr. LaWanda R. Felder, Guidance Counselor
Contact Information: 843-899-8924
Philosophy and Rationale:
· All Children are unique and should be respected with dignity.
· Every student can succeed at high levels.
· Learning is a lifelong process.
· Fostering a positive self-image is the collaborative effort of the school, home and community leading to responsible and productive citizenship.
· The needs and diversity of all students are addressed at all educational levels.
· Every student needs appropriate personal and social skills to achieve optimum benefits from the educational program.
· Comprehensive guidance counseling is a developmentally appropriate program rather than support services.
· The guidance program is an integral part of the overall educational program and serves as a critical link to the instructional program and the community.
· The program provides developmental opportunities and experiences as it addresses student development areas: learning to live, learning to learn, and learning to work.
K-6 Classroom Guidance Activities:
Building Positive Self-esteem
Study Skills/Class Preparation
K-6 Small Group Topics
Promotes school-wide Drug Awareness.
Promotes school-wide Fire Safety Activities.
Coordinates Career Fair
Provides information on community resources for families.
Attends parent-teacher conferences and staffings when needed as a resource.