Child Nutrition Services accepts cash or checks for payments. These may be made at the point of sale daily, or sent in to the cafeteria as prepayments. Prepayments will be put on the student's meal account.
You may also pay for your child's lunch through our online prepayment site, MySchoolBucks.com
. This link can also be found under Parent Information on the BCSD homepage. For information on how to register or make a deposit, see Online Prepayments for School Meals below.
Child Nutrition Managers have been instructed to notify parents/guardians before a student owes a maximum balance of $8.25.
A friendly reminder will be given either by note or through the District Wide AlertNow Notification system if your child's account becomes a negative balance. The parent/guardian may also contact the school manager to inquire about the current account balance. A detailed printout of student's purchases is available upon request.
***Important Reminder Regarding Your Child’s BCSD Cafeteria Balance***
The district reminds all parents that unpaid cafeteria balances should be paid in full by the last day of school. Any unpaid balances will be turned over to Nexcheck Collection Agency.
Nexcheck may contact you by mail and/or telephone in order for you to make arrangements to pay.
All payments need to be made directly through Nexcheck
P.O. Box 19688
Birmingham, AL 35219
For a convenience fee, payments of both check and fee may be made electronically at www.nexcheck.com or over the phone using a credit card, debit card or electronic check.
Merchant Services 800-639-2435
Policy on Returned Checks
- All returned checks will be handled through Nexcheck Collection Agency.
Online Prepayments for School Meals
Registering for MySchoolBucks.com
- You will need your child's ID number that is used in the Nutrikids system (you may get this number from the school office, the cafeteria or on the Parent Portal).
- Go to MySchoolBucks.com
- Click Register for a free account in the Account Login box and enter the required information.
How to Make a Deposit
- Click MyKids.
- Click Deposit Money located next to Add Student.
- Enter the amount in the Deposit column next to your name.
- Click Calculate.
- Click Make Deposit.
- You will be directed to the PayPal web site to enter your payment information.
- You have the option to use your existing PayPal account, debit card, or credit card.
Click Pay Now when finished. Click Pay once again to finish the process.
- If you are using your PayPal account, enter your email address and PayPal password to continue.
- If you are using a credit card, enter the required information.
For your protection MySchoolBucks.com will not store your financial information. If you have any questions, please contact the school cafeteria manager.