Berkeley County School District's (BCSD's) Office of Capital Projects supervises and directs the major capital construction and renovation projects for school district's facilities.
It is committed to:
- Provide overall capital project management including budget, quality, schedule and scope.
- Coordinate individual building projects during the design, bid and construction phases in order to meet the requirements of BCSD.
- Collaborate with School and District Staff to ensure designs create an amazing learning environment while keeping within budget,
- Inspect and review new construction work to ensure the work is completed efficiently, in compliance with plans and specifications, and well coordinated with the Facilities Department.
- Help to ensure a smooth turnover of new facilities so that the new school staff, Facilities Department, and Technology Department can seamlessly operate and maintain.
- Ensure student and staff safety at all times when construction occurs when school is in session.
<---- Look at Project listing on the Left and click on "New Schools" or "Additions and Renovations" Folder which will bring up each project.
Project Manager for: Philip Simmons ES/MS; Philip Simmons High School ;
Foxbank Elementary SchoolGene Sides-Interim Director of Facilities
Project Manager for: Marrington Middle School Addition;
Goose Creek High School Additions; Berkeley Ed Center Renovations;
and Foster Creek/Tanner Plantation ES Crystal Queen